Version: May 18, 2018
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The following websites and applications belong to Van Geenen B.V.:
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small, simple text files which are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit our website.
WHAT ARE THE OTHER TECHNIQUES?
- Browsing the website of Van Geenen will be more pleasant and easier for you;
- You will not constantly receive or enter the same information when visiting our website;
- We can offer you special features like a wish list or your shopping cart;
(in the future)
- We can measure in which way our website is used and where we can still improve it;
- We can show you ads and recommendations based on your interests;
- We can recognize which device you use when visiting us;
- We can register how often an advertisement is displayed, in order to show ads that better suit your needs and interests and to prevent you from seeing the same ads again and again.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE? IN SHORT:
FUNCTIONAL COOKIES OR NECESSARY COOKIES
Functional cookies ensure that our website functions properly. This applies, for example, to features such as recent searches, the shopping cart and the checkout.
We use analytical cookies to collect statistics about how people use our websites. We do this in to make sure that we are meeting the needs of our customers and to help us understand what we could do better.
SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES OF THIRD PARTIES
Social media cookies are cookies that provide the features of social media websites. For example, a YouTube video with a product / service, being able to select a pick-up point in Google Maps or a ‘like’ button for Facebook.
FUNCTIONAL OR NECESSARY COOKIES
Functional or necessary cookies contribute to the proper functioning of the website of Van Geenen B.V. These include:
- The products / services you add to your wish list are remembered and stored;
- Giving a notification for a not completed order, so that you do not lose the products in the shopping cart;
- Your browser settings are saved in order to optimally display our website on your screen;
- The possibility to save your credentials, so you do not have to enter them again and again;
- It is possible to respond to messages on our website;
- A proportional load on the website, keeping it functional and accessible;
- The detection of any abuse or possible problems of our website, for example by registering successive login attempts.
We use analytical cookies from third parties to analyze the use of our website. These statistics provide us with insight into how often our website is visited, and where we can improve our website. This way we ensure that the experience with our website is constantly optimized. We store the following information:
- The IP address that is anonymized;
- Technical features such as the browser you use (such as Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox) and the resolution of your computer screen and also which device you are using;
- Which page you visited before you came to our website;
- When and how long you visit or use our website;
- Whether you use the features of our website. For example, to create a wish list, to place an order or to view previous purchases;
- Which pages you visit on our website.
WE USE THESE COOKIES FOR:
- Tracking the number of visitors to our website;
- Measuring the duration per visit;
- Determining the sequence in which a visitor visits the different pages on our website.
SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES OF THIRD PARTIES
HOW Do SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES OF THIRD PARTIES WORK?
The social media websites place the social media cookies themselves. If you click on a social media button our website, a social media cookie will be placed. The social media party can recognize your IP address when you share a page from our website. Information about the cookies that these social media parties place and the information they collect with them can be found in the policies of these parties on their own websites. We advise you to consult the following privacy and cookie policies regularly:
If you want to turn off cookies from specific parties, you can do this via www.youronlinechoices.com.
HOW TO REMOVE COOKIES
HOW TO REMOVE COOKIES IN MICROSOFT EDGE:
Click on the Menu icon (icon with 3 lines) at the top right. Click on the clock icon, this is the “History” tab. Click on “Delete all history”. Now you can select what you want to delete. In any case, tick “Cookies and stored website data” and click on “Delete”. At the bottom you can select whether you always want to delete this data when closing Microsoft Edge.
HOW TO REMOVE COOKIES IN CHROME:
Click on the icon with 3 lines at the top. Click on “Settings”> “History” > “Clear browsing data”. Make sure that “Delete cookies and other site and login data” is ticked. It is also possible to indicate how old the cookies should be. Select “Everything” here.
HOW TO REMOVE COOKIES IN Firefox:
Click on the icon with 3 lines at the top right. Go to “Options”> “Privacy.” Click on “Delete recent history.” Under “Details” you can select what you want to delete, in any case, tick “Cookies.” You can also specify how old the cookies should be. Select “All” here.
HOW TO REMOVE COOKIES IN Safari:
At the top left of the menu bar, click on “Safari” and then on “Preferences”. Select the “Privacy” tab at the top of the window, then click on “Delete all website data”.
HOW TO REMOVE COOKIES IN in Internet Explorer:
Click on the gear icon at the top right. Go to the “Security” menu > “Delete browsing history.” Now you can select what you want to delete, in any case tick “Cookies and website data.” Click on “Delete” at the bottom of the window.